德國牧師Martin Niemoller二次大戰後的懺悔文�

THEY FIRST CAME for the Communists,

起初他們(德國納粹黨)帶走共產黨員,

And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist.

我沒有說話,因為我不是共產黨員;

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,

接著他們帶走猶太人,

And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew.

我沒有說話,因為我不是猶太人;

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,

後來他們帶走工會成員,

And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist.

我還是不說話,因為我不是工會成員;

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,

此後他們帶走天主教徒,

And I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

我仍然沒有說話,因為我不是天主教徒;

THEN THEY CAME for me,

最後,他們來帶走我,

And by that time no one was left to speak up.

我想反抗,但已經沒有人能為我說話了。